Tax forms and schedules we support

We support what most Americans need.

If you're like the vast majority of Americans, you can use ezTaxReturn to self-prepare your tax return easily, quickly and affordably. However, if you're in the top 1% and have income or loss from a farm, partnership, corporation, royalties, estates or trusts; we suggest you seek advice from a tax professional.

Forms we support

  • Form 1040: U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
  • Form 1040(SP): U.S. Individual Income Tax Return (Spanish version)
  • Form 1040-SR: U.S. Tax Return for Seniors
  • Form 1310: Deceased Taxpayer
  • Form 2106: Employee Business Expenses limitations
  • Form 2441: Child and Dependent Care Expenses limitations
  • Form 3903: Moving Expense
  • Form 4137: Social Security and Medicare Tax on Tip Income
  • Form 4684: Casualty and Theft Losses limitations
  • Form 5329: Additional Tax on Qualified Plans limitations
  • Form 5405: Repayment of the First-Time Homebuyer Credit limitations
  • Form 5695: Residential Energy Credits limitations
  • Form 6251: Alternative Minimum Tax
  • Form 7202: Credits for Sick Leave and Family Leave for Certain Self-Employed Individuals
  • Form 8283: Noncash Charitable Contributions limitations
  • Form 8615: Tax for Certain Children Who Have Unearned Income
  • Form 8829: Home Office Expense limitations
  • Form 8853: Archer MSAs limitations
  • Form 8862: EIC After Disallowance
  • Form 8863: Education Credits
  • Form 8880: Retirement Savings Contributions Credit
  • Form 8888: Deposit of Refund into Multiple Accounts
  • Form 8889: Health Savings Accounts
  • Form 8910: Alternative Motor Vehicle Credit
  • Form 8949: Sales and Other Dispositions of Capital Assets
  • Form 8959: Additional Medicare Tax
  • Form 8960: Net Investment Income Tax
  • Form 8962: Premium Tax Credit for ACA
  • Form 8995: Qualified Business Income Deduction (Simplified Computation)
  • Form 9465: Installment Agreement Request
  • Form 982: Discharge of Indebtedness limitations
  • Form 1040-X: Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return

Schedules we support

  • Schedule 1: Additional Income and Adjustments to Income limitations
  • Schedule 2: Additional Taxes limitations
  • Schedule 3: Additional Credits and Payments limitations
  • Schedule 8812: Credits for Qualifying Children and Other Dependents
  • Schedule A: Itemized Deductions
  • Schedule B: Interest and Ordinary Dividends limitations
  • Schedule C: Self-employment Income limitations
  • Schedule D: Capital Gains and Losses limitations
  • Schedule E: Real Estate Investment Property limitations
  • Schedule EIC: Earned Income Credit
  • Schedule LEP: Request for Change in Language Preference limitations
  • Schedule SE: Self-Employment Tax limitations
  • Form 1040, U.S. Individual Income Tax Return - Form 1040 is the standard form used by U.S. taxpayers to file a federal income tax return.
  • Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement - Your W-2 shows your total wages and the amount of income, Social Security and Medicare taxes withheld for the year.
  • Form W-4, Employee's Withholding Certificate - You fill out form W-4 to let your employer know how much federal income taxes to withhold from your pay.
  • Form 1098, Mortgage Interest Statement - If you paid more than $600 in mortgage interest during the year, you'll receive form 1098 from your lender.
  • Form 1098-E, Student Loan Interest Statement - If you paid more than $600 in student loan interest for the year, you'll receive form 1098-E from your loan servicer.
  • Form 1098-T, Tuition Statement - Form 1098-T reports the amount you paid your college, university, or vocational school for tuition and related expenses.
  • Form 1099-DIV, Dividends and Distributions - If you received dividends and other distributions from an investment, you'll receive Form 1099-DIV.
  • Form 1099-INT, Interest Income - If you earned more than $10 in interest from your bank, brokerage or other financial institution, you'll receive Form 1099-INT.
  • Form 1099-G, Certain Government Payments - Form 1099-G reports government payments such as unemployment compensation and state or local income tax refunds, credits, or offsets.
  • Form 1099-K, Payment Card and Third Party Network Transactions - If you accept debit/credit card transactions and third party payments, you may receive Form 1099-K.
  • Form 1099-MISC, Miscellaneous Income - Form 1099-MISC is used to report certain types of miscellaneous income such as rent, royalties, prizes/awards, health care payments, and other income.
  • Form 1099-R, Distributions From Pensions, Annuities, Retirement or Profit-Sharing Plans, IRAs, Insurance Contracts, etc. If you received a distribution of $10 or more from profit-sharing plans, retirement plans, IRAs, pensions, annuities or insurance contracts, you'll receive Form 1099-R.
  • Child Tax Credit (CTC) - The Child Tax Credit is tax break for families with qualifying dependent children. It is worth up to $2,000 for each qualifying child under age 17.
  • Child and Dependent Care Credit - If you pay someone to watch your child or disabled dependent while you go to work, you may qualify for the Child and Dependent Care Credit to help offset the cost of care.
  • Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) - The Earned Income Tax Credit is a refundable tax credit for low- to moderate-income workers and families. For tax year 2022, it is worth up to $6,935.
  • American Opportunity Tax Credit (AOTC) - The American Opportunity Tax Credit is a partially refundable tax credit that can be claimed for college expenses such as tuition, fees and course materials. The AOTC is worth up to $2,500 per eligible student.
  • Lifetime Learning Credit (LLC) - The Lifetime Learning Credit (LLC) is a tax credit that can be claimed for tuition and related expenses for students enrolled at an eligible educational institution. The LLC is worth up to $2,000 per tax return.
  • Saver's Credit - The Saver's Credit is a tax break for low- to moderate-income workers who contribute to their retirement account.

Stay updated on the latest updates and adjustments from the IRS and general tax news from around the U.S. on our blog. Sign up to receive our newsletter notifications and emails!

Taxes have been a part of life since before the Egyptian pyramids. The cuneiform samples from the Mesopotamia era, support ways that taxes may have been collected as early as circa 2500 BC. Learn more facts and understand tax history.

Are you ready to start your return?