Audit defense protection*
Don't let the word 'audit' scare you.
If the sound of the word "audit" sends chills up your spine, relax. We have good news for you. You can protect yourself in the event of an audit - or IRS notice - by purchasing audit defense protection for just $39.95.
Leave the worries to us
If you receive a notice from IRS or become the subject of an audit, we'll do all the dirty work. Here’s what we will do for you:
- Review your submitted tax filing and related documentation.
- Go over your tax return with you to flag audit-related issues and concerns, if necessary.
- Advise you in responding to all inquiries from the IRS. If you want us to deal directly with the IRS, then we require a power of attorney from you.
- Organize and attend all audit appointments, in the event of an in-person audit.
What isn’t covered by Audit Defense Protection?
Having audit defense protection doesn’t mean you should throw caution to the wind when filing your tax return. This service is designed to help you in the event of an audit. The following defines our limitations:
- Audit Defense is not insurance against an audit.
- Audit Defense will not protect you against paying additional taxes owed that are identified during the audit process.
- Appeals to IRS or State audit decisions [Typically handled by hiring a legal counsel, which is not in our scope of offer].
*We manage the audit, the responsibility for any additional tax is yours, we don't pay any tax on your behalf.
What customers say about ezTaxReturn...
I just completed your federal and NC state returns online. Thank you for an easy to use product. I used TaxACT for previous 2 years and TurboTax before that. This was much easier.