Did you know it is important to keep copies of your tax returns?
Why do you need a copy of your tax return?
All taxpayers have three years to amend their tax returns, which means you will want to keep those records for at least that long. Retaining your tax returns can also simplify your next tax filing. The other reasons why a record of your tax return is essential is because:
- Application for loans, mortgages and financial aid
- IRS audits
How can you download a copy of your return?
- Click “Sign In” from the homepage and choose “Copies of Returns”.
- Select the year from the drop-down list and proceed.
- You will be asked to login to your account. If you don’t remember your password, please click “Forgot password? Click here!” on the “ezLogin” log-in screen and reset the password.
- All your available returns will be listed under the “ezDownload Center”.
- Choose the year of the return you would like to download.
- On the “ezDownload Center” page, click on the link for your return to begin the download.
IMPORTANT: With the online download option, Adobe Reader needs to be installed on your computer to download and view your documents. Please follow all prompts shown regarding installation when you arrive at the actual document download screens.
What is the cost of getting an electronic copy of your tax return?
- If you filed a non-simple, PAID return at ezTaxReturn.com, you get FREE copies of your tax return for three years.
- If you filed a simple FREE return, you could download your return at no cost until May 18, 2023. However, once the deadline has passed, there is a $9.95 fee.
What is the cost of getting a paper copy of your tax return?
All filers also have the option of getting a printed tax return mailed to their home for a fee. The fees are as follows:
- First-Class Mail – $19.95
- Overnight Mail – $34.95