How Do I Change the Home Address Associated with My Return?

If you have not yet filed your return, you can update your address of record when you file your tax return.

If you have recently filed your return but it has not yet been accepted by the IRS, please wait until the IRS acknowledges it.

If the return is rejected, you can make corrections to the rejection and update your address before refiling your return. There is no charge to refile a rejected return.

If your return has been accepted and you need to change your official federal address of record, use the Form 8822 found at the link below.

Form 8822 can be found at:

For additional information regarding address changes, see IRS Tax Topic 157 - Changing Your Address at:


Are you ready to start your return?