How Do I Check the Status of My Maryland Refund?
You can check the status of your Maryland income tax refund by visiting https://interactive.marylandtaxes.gov/indiv/refundstatus/home.aspx
On this page, you will be asked to provide:
- Your Social Security number
- The exact amount of your refund
Once you are done, click "Check Status" to view your status information.
Note: If you filed a joint return, you must enter the first Social Security number that appears on the return.
How fast can I get my Maryland tax refund?
- E-filers who select direct deposit can get their refund within several days.
- Paper filers can expect approximately 30 days for their return to be processed.
Why did Maryland adjust my tax refund?
There are several reasons why your Maryland tax refund may be less than expected. Here are some possible explanations.
- The money was used to pay your past taxes, child support, or another government agency.
- You listed a dependent that you are not legally able to claim.
- You tried to claim a dependent whose social security number has already been used by someone else.
- You did not provide a valid SSN or ITIN.
- You are ineligible for a deduction you tried to claim.
- Your W-2 or 1099 was altered.
Why is my Maryland tax refund taking so long?
It can take the state of Maryland up to 30 days to process a paper return. Your refund may be delayed if your return requires further review or was randomly selected for an audit.
Why did I get a refund check instead of direct deposit?
You may receive a refund check instead of direct deposit if the routing and/or account number is missing or incorrect. For example, if your account number starts with a series of zeroes and you omit them, your refund will not be deposited. The same thing will happen if you decide to attach a void check or deposit slip to your return instead of printing your bank information on the return.