Video: What Is the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)?
Don’t make a lot of money? Get a Tax Break!
Let ezTaxReturn.com help you navigate the Earned Income Tax Credit and make sure you get the money you deserve!
So, how can the EITC help you?
If you qualify, it reduces the taxes you owe…AND…helps you get a bigger refund!
The Earned Income Tax Credit is higher for eligible low-income families.
Lower income families with no children could also qualify.
So, who qualifies for the EITC?
Well, people who have no children and are at least 25 but not over 64 years old by the end of 2022.
People with qualifying children are also eligible.
There are 3 main criteria for a “qualifying child”: Relationship, age and residency.
- A “Qualifying Child” Relationship includes the following:
- Son - daughter - stepchild - Adopted or foster child **
- Half-Brother or Half-Sister
- Stepsister or stepbrother
- Grandchild, niece, or nephew
- They must be…
- Under the age of 19 at the end of the filing year AND younger than you (or your spouse, if you file a joint return.)
- Under age 24 at the end of the year AND younger than you (or your spouse, if you file a joint return.) AND a full-time student for at least 5 months of the year
- Any age as well as permanently and totally disabled at any time during the year.
One last thing…to be eligible, your child must NOT have filed a joint return with another person.
To claim the Earned Income Tax Credit, your adjusted gross income cannot exceed a certain amount…don’t worry…at ezTaxReturn, we can help you figure that out…with us, it’s ez!
ezTaxReturn.com asks you the right questions to get you the largest tax return you qualify for…guaranteed!
Let us help you find out if the Earned Income Tax Credit can help you get an even bigger tax return!